Pages

Friday, April 9, 2010

thought of the day.

I am going through the book of Luke with a close friend and at the end of each chapter we are supposed to come up with a question to discuss. I was reading Luke 5 today and was just blown away at the faith of those men then...

"And Simon answered, 'Master, we toiled all night and took nothing! But at your word I will let down the nets.' And when they had done this, they enclosed a large number of fish, and their nets were breaking.... But when Simon Peter saw it, he fell down at Jesus' knees, saying, 'Depart from me, for I am a sinful man, O Lord'" Luke 5:5-8

I wish I did this. I wish that I would realize the weight of my sin, so much so that I fall on my face before the Lord. And its this thought that brought me to my question for that chapter...

What if I lived my life like that? How different would my friendships, relationships, desires, actions... look if I lived with the conviction that I am nothing and the freedom that Christ is everything?

It is so cool to me that despite how sinful I am and how unworthy I am, Christ loves me so much. Its amazing that even with such sin I can have this freedom. That is the beauty of Christ to me... that among everything hard, dirty, wrong, and sinful he says to come to Him. He allows me to run in total freedom, to shake of my shackles and dance.

abc.

No comments:

Post a Comment