Pages

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

comfort.


well, you may be asking yourself 'why is she blogging so much' and the answer is simple. i am home. and at home people go to bed WAY earlier than i am used to. so i journal, procrastinate, and blog till i am somewhat sleepy....
___________________________________________________

oh PS: today i had the wonderful opportunity to work with Mrs. LisaAnn Muir-Taylor at Nations Outfitters. check out her site HERE and look for some SUPER cute clothes coming soon!
___________________________________________________

....another reason is because i have just been really inspired lately. i am getting SO excited about my summer and all that i know the Lord is going to do. i seriously cannot wait for friday. it is going to be a hard, humbling, insane, beautiful, and transforming summer for so many people and i. am. pumped.

the Lord has been so faithful to really meet with me in my quiet times lately. i think that is due to the fact that i am somewhat freaking out. thinking back on my beach project experience last summer is..... well..... painful.

last summer God literally broke me in every single way possible. he took me out of every comfort zone, he took away everything familiar, he put me with people that were really, i mean really hard to love, and he showed me literally every sin imaginable. o my gosh it was so hard.

so when i think about this summer, and me leading a room.... abkajdflakdjbfa?!?!!

thats about how i feel.

(side note: God really used everything and every person that he did put in my life last summer to teach me some hard, but really neat and needed lessons. i could not be more thankful for last summer and how difficult it was...)

continuing... because of those feelings, i think God is 1. laughing hysterically at me and 2. preparing me for an incredible learning experience.

i feel like every time i have gotten in the Word, God has shown me passage after passage reminding me of his faithfulness and grace. in the verses he has also reminded me of what it means to be a faithful servant.

Matthwew 14:26-27
"...when the disciples saw him....
they were terrified....but IMMEDIATELY Jesus spoke to them, saying, 'Take heart; it is I. Do not be afraid."

Matthew 11:28-30
"Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden,
and I will GIVE YOU REST.
Take my yoke upon you, and LEARN from me,
for I am gentle and lowly in heart,
and you will find REST for you souls.
For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light."

Joel 3:16b
"...but the Lord is a REFUGE to his people,
A STRONGHOLD to the people of Israel"

Lamentations 3:21-25
"BUT, this i call to mind and therefore i have hope:
the steadfast love of the Lord NEVER ceases;
his mercies NEVER come to an end;
they are new every morning;
GREAT IS YOUR FAITHFULNESS....
the Lord is good to those who WAIT for him,
to the soul who SEEKS him."

Psalm 37:3-6
"TRUST in the Lord, and do good.
dwell in he land and cultivate faithfulness.
DELIGHT YOURSELF IN THE LORD,
and he will give you the desires of your heart.
commit your wait to the Lord;
TRUST in him, and HE WILL ACT.
he will bring forth your righteousness as the light,
and you judgment as the noonday sun."

and there are so many more that the Lord has reminded me of. the Lord is so good.
____________________________________________________

throughout the summer i will be posting pictures, giving updates, and sharing prayer request here. if you want to follow my journey through all that the Lord teaches me.... here is where its at!

please pray for the girls that God puts in my room. i am so excited to finally meet them and get to know them in a sweet, sweet way. pray that God works in all our hearts to give us a burning desire for the gospel to go out to the nations.

abc.

No comments:

Post a Comment