Pages

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

the fathers love.


i finally finished Luke today. i am so encouraged by the love that God has for me. Luke 22-24 is all about Christ and the crusifixtion and i am amazed at how unconditionally and how deeply my Father loves me. i know i posted a song yesterday, but as i was reading this, i couldn't help but go back to when i homeschooled and we would all sit around the piano while Will played. he usually play "Come Thou Fount" because thats the only one Luke could sing, but i remember singing this hymn and it fits so perfectly...

"How deep the Father's love for us
How vast beyond all measure
That He would give His only Son
To make a wretch His treasure

How great the pain of searing loss
The Father turns His face away
As wounds which mar the chosen One
Bring many sons to glory

Behold the Man upon a cross
My guilt upon His shoulders
Ashamed, I hear my mocking voice
Call out among the scoffers

It was my sin that held Him there
Until it was accomplished
His dying breath has brought me life
I know that it is finished

I will not boast in anything
No gifts, no powr's, no wisdom
But I will boast in Jesus Christ
His death and resurrection

Why should I gain from His reward?
I cannot give an answer
But this I know with all my heart
His wounds have paid my ransom"

Those words are so powerful. when i read this hymn, line by line, i am kind of awe struck by the act of love shown at the cross. this is the God that i want to serve my whole life. this is the God that i want people to know about and understand. this is the God that the lost need to hear. this is the God that i desperately want to know more of.

abc.

No comments:

Post a Comment