Pages

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

week 2.


i dont even know where to start. i wish i could just have a thingy that transposed everything in my heart onto paper so i could keep up. o my gosh i am learning so much.

i am having so much fun too! i am so thankful for the girls in my room and how fun they are. i am also so thankful for the overall vibe of project... everyone is just so much fun!

i love how i relate to each girl in my room. we each have such different stories, different testimonies, different personalities.... but overall we are really similar. we have alot of the same struggles and the same insecurities and im so thankful for that because it makes it that much better to hold one another accountable because in doing that we hold ourselves accountable too.

i really like watching courtney, ragan, and lynze interact. its hilarious.

usually it consist of courtney talking about something random and of course ending with "its cool. thats fine." (hahhaha you know you do it!) and then ragan screaming something at her about being "Nay Nay the Dumb Dumb" and lynze laughing at them probably thinking 'i am surrounded by insane people!'

we really do have so much fun.

the other night lynze and i got to paint together! she and i have a lot of passions in common. we both LOVE to create. to imagine. to put unexpected things together and make it work. we have had many a photo-shoots, but ill get to that later....

we painted this to put on our gosh awful white walls and its probably my favorite thing in our room....


that is by far one of my favorite songs. the words are so ture and such good reminders of my Fathers love for me....

"He is jealous for me,
Loves like a hurricane, I am a tree,
Bending beneath the weight of his wind and mercy.
When all of a sudden,
I am unaware of these afflictions eclipsed by glory,
And I realise just how beautiful You are,
And how great Your affections are for me.

And oh, how He loves us so,
Oh how He loves us,
How He loves us all

Yeah, He loves us,
Oh! how He loves us,
Oh! how He loves us,
Oh! how He loves.

We are His portion and He is our prize,
Drawn to redemption by the grace in His eyes,
If grace is an ocean, weÂ’re all sinking.
And Heaven meets earth like an unforseen kiss,
And my heart turns violently inside of my chest,
I don’t have time to maintain these regrets,
When I think about, the way…"

those words are so powerful to me. its so good to be reminded of that love every time i walk in out room!

another thing fun about living with 3 other girls is i have 3x the amount of clothes! we all share clothes, jewelry, perfume, shoes.... its great!


this is just a little idea of what its usually like in our room.......... ridiculous.



i love that i am living at the beach! it is awesome! last year in myrtle beach..... it just wasnt the same as this gorgeous gulf! going out to the beach is the perfect place for one on ones, beach volley ball, uno, laying out, evangelism, and just hanging out! so after a long day of job searching we got to enjoy the sun and try to get a tan while in our awesome one pieces.



by the way, the life guards call us "the one piece group" ...... awesome.

so i mentioned earlier that we have had many a photo shoots..... well this was by far one of the funniest things that has happen at project thus far.

lynze and i were painting our legit picture and i was waiting for the paint brush she was using.. courtney happened to have my camera and so for some reason i decided to paint my face with the brush i had while waiting for the other one.. well that escalated quickly.

before i know it, lynze decides to paint my face like a tribal indian. then we both decided it would be a good idea to fro my hair! then it just made sense to have a photo shoot. but before the photo shoot could begin we had to have all the girls in the room so i decided to wake up sweet little Ray Ray..... needless to say- she loved it.



im pretty sure she and courtney both had nightmares that night. it was epic.

another thing i have been learning is what it means to be resourceful. i had the brilliant idea to cook a good, homemade dinner for my girls! so i go to the store, stock up on everything i thought i needed, and came back to start cooking. what i didn't realize was to cook pasta you need a pot you can boil water in. and to cook chicken you need a skillet of some sort. and to cook rolls you need a sheet pan.... the list goes on.

so i tried to cook a whole pot of pasta in a little saucer type pan.... you know the small pan you would pour like milk into to make hot chocolate... ya that one. i had to stand by the pasta for about 25 min and every time the water would boil over (like every 30 seconds) id have to take it off the heat, let it stop boiling then put it back on.

and that was just the pasta.

it was so funny! but i actually turned out pretty good and we had a great d-group over some good homemade food! .......with slightly crunchy noodles.


i feel so blessed to be down here. i really am so thankful for being able to receive such important training. its neat to think that when SBP is over, i can never go back to how i was before. whats more is i have experienced so much of Christ already i dont want to go back to how i was. i just want to grow more.

the verse that i am really claiming for this summer is....

"And I, when I came to you, brothers,
i did not come proclaiming to you the testimony of God
with lofty speech or wisdom.
For I decided to know NOTHING among you
except Jesus Christ and him crucified.
And I was with you in weakness and in fear and much trembling,
and my speech and my message were not in plausible words of wisdom,
but in DEMONSTRATION of the spirit and of power,
that your faith might not rest in the wisdom of men,
but in the POWER of God."
1 Corinthians 2:1-5

thats what i want for my girls. thats what i want for myself. thats what i was for all of Ft. Walton, Destin, and really the rest of the world to experience.

not a whole bunch of christians with the "im holier than thou" type attitude. no. i want my girls to know that i am WITH THEM in weakness, in my fears, in my insecurities, in my failures... but in them seeing that- i want them to also see me FIGHTING to know more of the power of God.

i want to demonstrate a spirit of power in fighting those things.... thats when the gospel will be effective and go out- when i -we- realize that we are NOTHING until we have Christ. i cannot rest in my own wisdom because it will fail me every time. instead i have to remind myself that my Fathers love is like a hurricane and that he is jealous for my soul. that should be my motivation. that should be the gospel that compels me. that should be my motivation and the passion of my heart....

Prayer Request:
- only one more of my girls does not have a job. pray for Ragan and that she would get to see the Lord provide for her.
- pray that as the 3 of us start out at work that right off the bat, our co-workers would see Christ in us and that we would outdo them in love.
- this weekend was the evangelism conference... pray that the talks would echo in the hearts of everyone on project and that we would all be unashamed of the Gospel and go out and share out faith with the lost.

thanks for all your prayers so far!!

abc.


No comments:

Post a Comment